I’m now safely back in Edmonton and in the process of getting settled into my new room at Slanty House. I was disappointed in the lack of snow in Edmonton right now, but I’m glad to be here. I spent a few days in Kelowna, during which my mom put me to work making jewelry, and then the two of us made the drive over to Edmonton. I just love Jasper National Park.
Now that I am back in Canada, there are many things I am excited to have around me again. The following list is in no particular order.
1) My roommates. It was so nice to feel that I had a place to come “home” here, and fitting in at this house is just so natural for me that many of us agree that it’s almost as if I’d been here all along.
2) Hockey. It’s nice to be able to see hockey games on TV, and even to see shinny games happening on outdoor rinks. One thing that I didn’t even notice I missed was seeing people wearing NHL jerseys at all times. I was walking through the Vancouver airport when I saw a guy wandering around in a Canucks jersey. That really brought home the fact that I am back in Canada.
3) Fall/Winter clothing. I love sweaters, turtlenecks, layering, boots, leggings, and mittens. I was able to wear none of these things in Hawaii. Which brings me to my next point…
4) Having a full closet. I’m excited to have more than a few select outfits to wear. Living out of a suitcase is totally reasonable, but it also gets old after awhile. I don’t know if I’ll want to touch any of the clothing I had with me for a few months. Then again, I definitely don’t need summer clothing right now and won’t for awhile.
5) Loonies and Toonies. I despise carrying around $1 bills, always thinking I have a lot more money than I actually do. Not to mention, who doesn’t love being able to pay for purchases entirely in change?
It’s very strange to be here while everyone is frantically studying for exams, but I guess that means I have lots of time to settle into my room and try to accomplish things (such as posting to my blog, obviously).